Monday, December 7, 2015

Me Project Part 1


Heredity, it is the things that we are born with, such as eye color, hair color, and skin pigmentation, perhaps even height and body build. All of these things are part of what develops when people have a first impression of you. The first thing a person knows about you when you meet them face to face is your appearance and all of these things deal with your appearance. So when I think about what kind of things I have been passed down from my family has been my height and obviously my heavy body build. My family has been known for tall and big people so that is where my looks come from.

I believe birth order is probably my most noticeable factor. Birth order is labeled as the order in which you are born in your family. I was born second in my family and I act much like what the studies in the book tell us about the last born child. I am much better in social relationships than my older sister and I am much more affectionate and friendly than she is at times. I believe the study of birth order is very accurate. I found that all of the things it talks about like what I listed are very true. Being born second I believe has made me a better and more fun-loving person.

Another factor is parental characteristics and this tells us about how the age or ideologies of our parents can affect us directly as they raise us. A few things that my parents handed down to me would be my religious views, my dedication to getting a good education, and how someday I want to be able to pursue a job in a field like what my parents have reached.

Lastly I will tell you about the factor of cultural environment. This factor deals with where you are raised and what culture you grow up in, and I believe the fact that I grew up in the United States has led to some of the characteristics the book listed. Such as competitiveness, assertiveness, and individualism, I find myself being very competitive at times and I definitely tend to be assertive at times. Lastly I believe individualism is a strong trait for me as well, because I find myself being very unique at times and definitely my own special kind of individual.

If I had to pick two factors that have really shaped my life it would be birth order and cultural environment. In these two factors I have found everything that makes me who I am in this life. I found that I am competitive, assertive, affectionate, friendly, and definitely a social bug. These things make up my life and that is why I picked birth order and cultural background to be my two go to factors for how my life is shaped.

No comments:

Post a Comment